Welcome to Why We Gift Wednesday! Each week, we celebrate one of the thousands of reasons that we truly love giving. Whether it’s honoring the relationships that we have, feeling grateful for an occasion or a special time of year, or relishing life’s simple joys, Why We Gift Wednesday is all about giving and generosity – the expression of appreciation for life’s many happy moments. Since today is National Relaxation Day, this Why We Gift Wednesday is all about chilling out!
Looking for New Ways to Relax? We asked some of the GiftTree staff for their favorite relaxing activities! Here’s what they said:
- Getting a Massage or Doing a Spa Day at Home
- Watching a Baseball Game
- Going to a Yoga Class
- Taking a Walk Around the Neighborhood
- Having a Bonfire with Friends and Family
- Enjoying the Patio at a Local Brewery
- Getting a Manicure & Pedicure
- Opening a Bottle of Wine with Friends
- Reading a Good Book with a Blanket by the Fireplace
- Cooking Dinner or Baking Something Sweet
- Watching the Grandkids Play in the Backyard
- Stand-Up Paddleboarding at Local Lakes and Rivers
When do you truly feel relaxed, and what are the steps you take to get there? Do you take a cool drink and a good book out to the patio, or do you head to the spa? Before all the back-to-school madness starts, this might be a great day to do something that’s just for you. No matter what you do to relax, we hope it’s surrounded by the things or people you love the most.