Welcome to Why We Gift Wednesday! Each week, we celebrate one of the thousands of reasons that we truly love giving. Whether it’s honoring the relationships that we have, feeling grateful for an occasion or a special time of year, or relishing life’s simple joys, Why We Gift Wednesday is all about giving and generosity – the expression of appreciation for life’s many happy moments.
Thus upcoming Sunday, August 27 is National Just Because Day, so this Why We Gift Wednesday is going out to all those special people who don’t need a special occasion to be told that they’re loved, appreciated and thought about often! Just Because Day is a chance to do something nice for someone, not because you’re under any obligation, in fact its sole purpose is about making a nice gesture without any rhyme or reason at all. So this Sunday, don’t miss out on the opportunity to make someone’s day, just because.
Whether they’re neighbors, friends, family or clients, there are so many people who deserve a nice gesture. Here are some ways you can celebrate National Just Because Day!
1. Pick up the phone and call someone you haven’t spoken to in awhile – just to catch up! Even if they don’t answer, they’ll love hearing from you.
2. Can’t keep up with all the ripe tomatoes or other veggies in your garden this year? Bring some extras to your neighbors!
3. This time of year is great for wildflowers – is there someone who would love a fresh bouquet?
4. When was the last time you wrote a real letter to a loved one? Sit down and put that pen to paper!
5. Start a Pay it forward chain!
6. Pick up your phone and text something positive and encouraging to three different people!
7. Send a gratitude email to a co-worker who deserves a little more recognition than they’ve been getting lately!
8. Bring flowers or treats to your nearest Urgent Care Clinic, and thank the staff for all they do!
9. Run an errand for a friend or family member who is really busy!
10. Send a gift basket to someone who deserves a little gourmet luxury!
There are so many ways to be thoughtful and generous. From all of us at GiftTree, we hope you have a great rest of your week – Just Because!