It’s National Wine Day! That’s right, today is the day that we honor a beverage that has been a part of human culture and history for thousands of years. Whether red, white, or rosé today is the perfect excuse to uncork a bottle. To enhance your experience, we’d like to share a few of our favorite wine tips and tricks with you!
Finding the Right Glass
It can seem like there is a never-ending assortment of wine glasses on the market, but these guidelines can help you narrow down the perfect glass.
- For Red Wine: Look for a glass with a wider bowl. This will allow for the wine to “breathe” and come into contact with air. This contact with the air is important because it releases the wine’s aroma. A tapered or flared style of wine glass can be very beneficial helping you swirl your wine and expose it to oxidation, while holding the wine’s aroma in the glass for you.
- For White Wine: Look for a U shaped, upright glass. Lighter, fruitier wines will do well in smaller glasses. A smaller glass will also keep the wine cooler than if it was served in a larger glass.
Keeping Your Glasses Clean
Taking care of wine glasses can be an art form. You don’t want anything to affect your wine, and that includes particles on the glass.
- To clean your glass hold it by the bottom of bowl, instead of the fragile glass stem.
- Rinse glasses in warm water, don’t use extremely hot water because this can cause the glass to crack.
- Use a long-handled sponge to clean inside the glass. Avoid sticking your hand inside the glass as this can cause it to break.
- Use a mild dish soap if needed, look for something odorless and with a low alkaline content. Make sure to rinse the glass of all soap residue thoroughly.
- Lint free cloths are the best to dry with, microfiber is an excellent choice.
What To Pour In Your Wine Glass
Now that you’ve got the perfect, clean glass the fun part is deciding what to pour in it! In need of a few new ideas? Here are some of our favorite wines to sip right now.
Two rich red wines from South America are presented in our signature dual wine crate. Colores del Sol Malbec is sourced exclusively from Mendoza, Argentina and is full of elegant aromatics and a complex palate of intense, bright fruit. Root 1 Cabernet Sauvignon is produced from heritage vines and displays juicy, berry notes and a sturdy, balanced structure.
Champagne is the perfect celebratory drink! The option to select which champagne to include in this gift from our champagne collection allows you to tailor the gift to your recipient’s tastes. Two lead-free 100% crystal champagne flutes are included, and will be tightly secured in our signature gift box.
Twomey Russian River Pinot Noir is an expansion of the vineyards and cellars of the 75 year old Silver Oak winery. Bursting with rich, red berry flavor and creamy spices this is a multifaceted wine that is a pleasure to drink. Napa Valley’s Emmolo winery produces a splendid Sauvignon Blanc with a soft body, firm acidity and the fresh, clean aromas of honeysuckle and tangerine. These two esteemed California wines are nestled in our signature leather carrying tote with a complete set of stainless steel tools.
How are you planning to celebrate National Wine Day?