Just like how we have a day designated to celebrate mothers, fathers, grandparents and even your pets, there is also a special day chosen to honor our friendships. International Friendship Day falls on the first Sunday in August, so this year we will be giving a shout out to our BFFs on August 5.
Here are some interesting facts about the “friendliest” holiday of the year:
- The tradition began in the United States back in 1935.
- Friendship day is celebrated world-wide, and is big in countries like India, Switzerland, and Paraguay.
- Winnie the Pooh is the designated world Ambassador of Friendship.
Need some suggestions on how to celebrate Friendship Day?
- Send them a card expressing your appreciation.
- Send them flowers! Some of my favorites I would recommend are the “How Sweet It Is” bouquet, the “Bear Hug,” or the “Sunrise Sunset.”
- Make them a mixed cd of songs that remind you of the good times you’ve had.
- How about giving them a gift that represents how special friendships are like the “Mobius Pendant,” the “Friends are Like Stars” gift set, or one of our many gourmet food baskets, or personalized gifts.
For more great gift ideas see our Friendship Day Gifts!