July is National Picnic Month and, more specifically, July 18th is International Picnic Day. With the summer sun shining bright overhead, what better time is there to take your loved one on a picnic? With our Deluxe Eco-Friendly Picnic Basket for Two, you can not only enjoy a great day out, but help the environment at the same time!
Here are some other helpful tips on being eco-friendly while on a picnic:
- Instead of driving to your picnic destination, instead try walking, hiking or biking. This cuts down on pollution and gives you some pre-picnic aerobic exercise.
- Although this should be a no-brainer, avoid using styrofoam! Reusable containers are a great substitute and also protect your basket from spills.
- Use cloth napkins instead of paper towels. This reduces the amount of trash that goes into our landfills.
- Bring a trash bag with you for your waste. If you bring it in, you should also bring it out!
Now that we know some great ways to keep the environment safe, what should should we bring to eat? Here are some simple food suggestions:
- Sandwiches! Cut them in half or into quarters so that you can mix and match.
- Salads of all types; green, macaroni and potato are the most popular.
- Snacks such as muffins, cookies and fruits should always be included.
- Iced tea, water and lemonade are great alternatives to sugary sodas.
Are there any picnic or outdoor activities planned for you this summer? What are your favorite picnic foods? Enjoy the sun and Happy Picnicking!