So it’s no surprise that we here at GiftTree love to celebrate holidays – after all, it’s part of our job! St. Patrick’s Day is no exception. The Business Development Department is planning to have a potluck to celebrate! While we won’t be only bringing green food (although it was suggested, but we couldn’t come up with enough green food ideas beyond salad and green jello….), we will be wearing green, and will keep a sharp eye out for those who forget (pinch, pinch!).
We have a great selection of St. Patrick’s Day Gifts this year, to get you in the Irish Spirit. My favorite is the Luck of the Irish Bouquet. Any holiday is a good time to send flowers, and this one is no exception!
To close – here are some fun facts about St. Patrick’s Day that I bet you didn’t know!
- Since 1962, the Chicago River is dyed green every year with 40 lbs. of dye
- The very first St. Patrick’s Day parade was not in Ireland. It was in Boston in 1737.
- Most bars will serve green beer on St. Patrick’s Day,
- Irish people do not actually eat corned beef on this holiday. Irish-Americans came up with that.
- The highest number of leaves ever found on a clover was 14
- Blue was the original color associated with St. Patrick’s Day