I can’t believe how quickly the summer is going. With back-to-school shopping in full swing it appears that fall is right around the corner. Since GiftTree has great gourmet baskets and fruit baskets, we have quite a few parents place orders for their son or daughter while they are away in college.
I remember when I went away for college, my mom was always worried about me having enough money for food. I would always say I was fine and tell her I know where I can get 10 packages of ramen noodles for a $1. She still worried.
Based on my experiences in college, I have compiled a list of the top 5 gifts parents can purchase for their college students (sans alcohol).
- Sweet Nostalgia $29.95 – This gift contains candy like Pixy Stix, Pez, Sugar Daddy, Cracker Jacks and more in a really cool lunch pail. It isn’t very nutritious but I could see this being a fun gift that would be throughly enjoyed in the dorms.
- Gourmet Extravagance Gift Basket $149.95 – The Gourmet Extravagance lives up to its name. It contains 1 ½ pounds of Pacific Gold Mixed Nuts, Rosemary & Roasted Garlic Crackers, Saraivanov Smoked Salmon, Busseto Dry Salami con Vino, Mt. Vikos Red Pepper & Feta Spread, Hot Pepper Cheese, Moravian Chocolate Cookies and more. You definetly can’t find any of these things in the school cafeteria.
- The Orchard Fruit Basket $59.95 – This basket contains fruit such as apples, oranges, bananas, nectarines, grapes, tropical pineapple, kiwi, mangoes and pears as available. This might especially be a great gift right around finals or maybe mid-terms.
- Royal Fruit and Gourmet Basket $89.95 – This basket has fruit and snacks. It is also hand-delivered which means we might be able to have it delivered the same day you order it for days when you are extremely worried your college student has only eaten pizza and hamburgers in the past month.
- The City Block $39.95 – Back when I lived in the dorms, I would always have a movie night at least once every two weeks. This was of course after all homework was completed. I would invite others over and we would watch movies. This gift would be great for movie nights because it not only contains three different kinds of popcorn but it also has Candy Coated Jordan Almonds, Toffee Peanuts, Sour Fruit Candies, Cajun Peanuts, Salted Pretzels and Swedish Chocolate Mint Cookies.