Fourth of July is just around the corner! I am so happy because it is my absolute favorite holiday. Why you ask? Not only is it the celebration of declaring independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain, but it is also my wedding anniversary and this year is number 7!
The traditional anniversary gift for the seventh year is wool, brass or copper. But if you want to get the perfect anniversary gift, regardless of tradition, you can never go wrong with flowers. That is one of the reasons why working at Gift Tree is so much fun! We have some very unique floral arrangements suitable for any holiday or special occasion. The Fourth of July Fireworks bouquet reminds me of exploding fireworks and would be the terrific way to say happy anniversary to that special couple or to decorate for your Fourth of July celebration this year. There are also more unique summer fun gift ideas available at GiftTree.
Here are some fun facts about the Fourth of July for all you trivia fans:
- Only two people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, John Hancock and Charles Thomson. Most of the rest signed on August 2, but the last signature wasn’t added until 5 years later.
- Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national animal but was outvoted when John Adams and Thomas Jefferson chose the bald eagle.
- Over an estimated 150 million hot dogs will be consumed July 4th. That’s roughly 1 dog for every two people in the U.S.
- More than 74 million Americans bar-b-que on the Fourth of July.
- The stars on the original American flag were arranged in a circle to ensure that all colonies were equal.
GiftTree hopes that everyone has an amazing Fourth of July celebration! Remember that fireworks are a fire hazard and scare animals and please don’t drink and drive!