Valentine’s Day is coming! How do I love thee…let me count the ways! Here at GiftTree, we are gearing up for the season of love. We have some GREAT new Valentine’s gifts available for you to give the one you love!
Here are some fun Valentine’s Day facts to ponder to get you in the giving mood!
1. Did you know that Consumers spend on average $75.00 on Valentine’s Gifts per year?
2. Teachers receive the most Valentines.
3. Hallmark has over 1330 different cards just for Valentine”s Day and approximately 192 million cards are exchanged per year.
4. 74% of Americans celebrate the holiday!
5. 3% of pet owners will give Valentine’s Day gifts to their pets!
6. During the middle ages, young men & women drew names from bowls to see who would be their Valentine, and wore these names on their sleeves for a week. This coined the term “Wearing your heart on your sleeve”.
7. Approximately 110 million roses will be sold and delivered within a three-day time period, the majority of those are red.
8. 73% of people who buy flowers for Valentine’s Day are men. Only 27% are women.
9. Richard Cadbury (Cadbury cream eggs – yum!) invented the first box of Valentine themed chocolates in the 1880’s!
10. In the 1800’s, doctors typically would advise their broken hearted patients to eat chocolate to calm them down.