Gift baskets can be a perfect gift idea for newlyweds. Especially since we all know what an extremely difficult task buying for newlyweds can be particularly, if the couple has tons of family and friends who will have already snatched up every household appliance, dinnerware set, and crystal glassware ensemble available on the required wish list. And what about the couple that throws such a lavish wedding that you feel intimidated just picking out a gift? Well, there are gifts that are sure to be a hit no matter what type of wedding it is. Since I’m one of those people who prefer to deviate from the norm and get my loved ones and friends gift baskets that are surprising, unexpected and memorable, I’m always on the lookout for fabulous gift ideas! I love getting the gift that isn’t utilitarian or practical because quite frankly I think they’re boring and the newlyweds will have plenty of time to get that stuff later on. They won’t always get themselves something nice though. So if you’re like me, and don’t want to go pick out the latest blender at Sears, here’s my top 10 list of gifts for newlyweds.
- Perrier-Jouet Champagne Gift Set available at GiftTree.com. A very prestigious gift indeed, with enamel painted anemones on the flutes as well as the bottle. Tres magnifique!
- The Dom Experience with Mikasa Flutes from GiftTree.com. The name says it all and this gift can be personalized as well for that extra touch.
- Champagne & Chocolate from GiftTree.com. Comes in a classic chiller the newlyweds can enjoy for anniversaries to come.
- Champagne Wishes from GiftTree.com. Choose from 2 world class champagnes and a selection of gourmet items the newlyweds can enjoy.
- The Royal Champagne Basket from GiftTree.com. As if the name doesn’t already say it all?
- Wedding Anniversary Chocolate Covered Strawberries available at GiftTree.com. Ready to be devoured immediately or ravished later. Simply decadent.
- Happy Honeymoon Wedding Gift Basket by GiftTree.com. A travel inspired chest full of delightful delicacies and sweets. The trunk is perfect for storing wedding memorabilia or displaying alone.
- Kama Sutra Bedside Box available at GiftTree.com. An elegant glass and wood boudoir box holds an array of newlywed must haves. Beautifully designed and tastefully discreet.
- Truth, Dare or Chocolate available at GiftTree.com. Getting married is only half the fun. This is the other half!
- Wine Lovers Indulgence available at GiftTree.com. A perfect pairing of flavors, and a wonderful gift for the new journey ahead.
You may have noticed that champagne is in the top 5 spots, and I’m pretty sure you haven’t even wondered why have you? That’s because weddings and champagne go hand in hand no matter what cultural background or religious faith you come from. Whether you drink it or not, champagne seems to embody the celebration of any occasion it is given for. I have some friends that have been married for close to 20 years and they have a bottle of champagne that they got on their wedding day sitting amongst the glassware in the dining room china hutch. It sits there like the guest of honor, surrounded by all the antique Dresden dinner plates and the Waterford crystal drinking goblets. It is always kept dusted and moved around as if it is just another antique item in the cabinet. It will make its debut on the 25th wedding anniversary I’m told, and hopefully I will be there when they pop the cork. I can hardly wait!