Alicia Grotjohn – Customer Service Representative
1. Pick a date for your party that allows you plenty of time for preparation. You want to be able to have fun at your party, not stress out because you didn’t have enough time to do this or that.
2. Make a guest list. Make sure everyone included will mix well together. Include old and new friends! Don’t forget to take into account how big the area is where you’re throwing the party. You don’t want to have people elbow to elbow! Also, decide if you want your guests to include their children for the party, and plan accordingly. Finally, expect around 70-75% of those invited to actually show up.
3. Decide what kind of party you want to throw. Whether it be a dinner party, a cocktail party with hors d’oeuvres, or a holiday party. Knowing what type of party you want to throw is important to decide on early, so you’ll have enough time to make all necessary arrangements! You can also throw a theme party. There are a ton of fun ideas for theme parties for any occasion, but that is a whole other blog in and of itself.
4. Know what kind of food you want at your party. You don’t have to spend a ton of money to have great party food. Keep things simple by serving finger foods and appetizers. If it’s a dinner party, make something easy yet elegant so you won’t be slaving in the kitchen all night… better yet, hire someone to come cook for you or help you in the kitchen!!
5. Remember to have fun! Mingle with your guests, but still play the hostess part. Offer to get people drinks, etc. Play great music that goes with the party ambiance, and try not to stress out. If your relaxed and having fun, your guests will too!
Hope this list gives you some ideas to plan your own party! Everyone loves a party, and everyone appreciates a great hostess!