1. Dogs have been domesticated for about 12,000 years.
2. A dog’s sense of smell is about 1000 times better than a human’s.
3. Great Dane’s can eat up to 8 ½ pounds a day.
4. American spends more money on dog food than on baby food each year!
5. A dog’s mouth exerts 150-200 pounds of pressure per square inch, however, some dogs can exert up to 450 pounds per square inch.
6. An estimated 1,000,000 dogs in the U.S. have been named as the primary beneficiaries in their owners will.
7. The Beatles song, “Martha My Dear”, was written by Paul McCartney about his sheepdog Martha.
8. The oldest age recorded for a dog is 29 years and 5 months.
9. The Bloodhound is the only animal whose evidence is admissible in an American court.
10. Between 35% and 45% of dog owners talk to their dogs on the phone or through the answering machine. (I have no problem in admitting that I have done this. More than once.)