- Wine Info
- What's Inside
The Opus One 2006 comes from a premium, small batch pressing of one of the best wines known to the connoisseur's palate. Le Grand Gourmet Chocolate Truffles will pair perfectly with the red wine to make an impressive gift for any occasion.
- One half-bottle of Opus One Napa Valley Proprietary Red 2006 (375ml): Rated 93 points by Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, this delicate ruby-red blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot boasts warm tobacco notes with dark chocolate and a hint of licorice. Excellent aging potential. See the Wine Info for a full wine review.
- Exquisite Handcrafted Chocolate Truffles from Le Grand Confectionary in Sacramento, CA.
- Flavors include Grand Marnier, Raspberry, Cappuccino, and Milk Chocolate.
- See the What's Inside Tab for a full description of included chocolates.
- A specialty, limited edition half-bottle vintage of Opus One.
- More than just "a box of chocolates," Le Grand Confectionary specializes in handcrafting European-style chocolate truffles with superior ingredients such as full cream, real butter, high quality Belgian chocolate and the finest of liqueurs.
Measures 10" x 5" x 2"
Due to the alcoholic content of this gift, an adult signature is required upon delivery.Gift #17770
2 Day Express Delivery $0.00Upgrade Shipping
- 3 Day Express Delivery +$0.00
- Overnight Delivery +$0.00
- Standard Shipping +$0.00
+ FedEx Adult Signature Fee $4.00
For holiday delivery, GiftTree can hold your gift and have it shipped to arrive anytime. To use this option, select "Ship Later" on the next page.
Opus One Half-Bottle with Handcrafted Chocolate Truffles is a hand delivered gift. These gifts are delivered by one of our local design centers located throughout the United States and Canada.
Same day delivery is available for most gifts when ordered before the cutoff time. The cutoff time for Opus One Half-Bottle with Handcrafted Chocolate Truffles is in the recipient's time zone.
- -Le Grand Premier Truffle Box 3 oz: The four flavors in the gift box include:
Grand Marnier: Dark chocolate ganache with a whisper of orange is encased in a dark chocolate shell. Heavenly!
Raspberry: Raspberry and dark chocolate ganache surrounded by a dark chocolate shell. Exceptional!
Cappuccino: Coffee, cream and chocolate. Perfect!
Milk Chocolate: Velvety milk chocolate truffle is a timeless favorite. Classic!
- 2006 Opus One Napa Valley Proprietary Red (375ml)
Rated 93 points by Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar:
"Good red-ruby color. Rather wild, nuanced nose combines blackcurrant, dusty brown spices, tobacco, mocha, leather and meat. Juicy and energetic in the mouth, with enticing inner-mouth florality giving lift to the dark berry, licorice and bitter chocolate flavors. Not a particularly dense or fruity style but boasts nicely integrated acidity and already displays a lot of personality. Finishes with substantial but fine-grained tannins, a hint of licorice and excellent persistence. Winemaker Michael Silacci noted that this wine features the highest percentage of petit verdot to date. And he's convinced that co-fermenting it with the cabernet sauvignon diminished the natural rusticity of petit verdot." (6/2011)
Opus One Half-Bottle with Handcrafted Chocolate Truffles has been purchased most frequently by our customers for the following occasions: