Dawn Redwood Tree-to-Be
Grow your own living fossil with this Dawn Redwood growing kit, as seen in Sunset Magazine.
- What's Inside
Thought to have been extinct for centuries, this rare species of redwood is making a big comeback in the gardening world. Beloved for their attractive lacy foliage and ability to grow quickly in most settings, the Dawn Redwood is a magnificient piece of history and this complete growing kit makes a lovely commemorative or special occasion gift.
- A bag of Metasequoia Glyptostroboides Seeds (with proper care the seedlings should start to emerge in 15-30 days)
- Coir Seedling Pot
- Terra Cotta Saucer
- Aluminum Tag for an added personalized inscription
- Detailed Growing Instructions
- See the What's Inside tab for more information on the Dawn Redwood.
- Company featured in Oprah, Living, and Sunset Magazine.
- Gift made from eco-friendly, hydrocarbon free materials.
- The Dawn Redwood prefers moist, healthy soil and under ideal conditions reaches a height of 50-60 ft in 30 yrs (approx. 2 ft per a year).
- Gift produced in the USA.
Bag measures 9.5" x 8.5".Gift #17495
This item is In Stock and available to ship Tuesday,
if ordered by 3:00 am EDT Tuesday May 28th.
Express Delivery $5.95Upgrade Shipping
- Overnight Delivery +$21.00
For holiday delivery, GiftTree can hold your gift and have it shipped to arrive anytime. To use this option, select "Ship Later" on the next page.
Dawn Redwood Tree-to-Be is a hand delivered gift. These gifts are delivered by one of our local design centers located throughout the United States and Canada.
Same day delivery is available for most gifts when ordered before the cutoff time. The cutoff time for Dawn Redwood Tree-to-Be is in the recipient's time zone.
- -Metasequoia Glyptostroboides Seeds : The Dawn Redwood Tree was thought to be extinct and was only referenced in fossil form until the 1940's when a Dawn Redwood was found growing in a remote area of central China. This deciduous coniferous tree is related to the coastal redwoods of California.
-Coir Seeding Pot: This biodegradable pot is made using the natural fibers extracted from the husk of coconuts. Coir has been in use since ancient times.
-Growing Medium Soil-less growing medium looks like ordinary potting soil, but doesn't come with the problems associated with soil. Plants grown in soil-less growing medium are less likely to be bothered by pests, bacteria and fungi.
-Terra Cotta Saucer: Keeps the table dry while germinating the tree.
-Growing Instructions: Complete instructions and helpful tips for successfully growing a mighty Dawn Redwood tree. The Dawn Redwood kit is handmade in the USA.
-Personalized Tag Designed to be attached to the tree as a lifelong reminder of the gift occasion.
Dawn Redwood Tree-to-Be has been purchased most frequently by our customers for the following occasions: