Show your appreciation, or make someone smile with Portland gift baskets designed to celebrate a newborn baby, anniversaries, weddings, graduations, housewarmings – any major event. The GiftTree Portland Gift Baskets Shop offers the world's largest selection of handcrafted gift baskets, for delivery in Portland or nationwide, and each comes with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
In addition to Portland Gift Baskets, GiftTree offers gift ideas for every important occasion, making your online gift shopping a successful and rewarding experience. So whether you're looking for a florist in Portland to handle your flower delivery Portland selection, or your flowers Portland order, or looking for Portland gift baskets, the Florist Portland Shop, Portland fruit baskets, Portland florists, or even Florists Portland, Portland flowers, Portland balloons, or need Portland flower delivery from a Portland florist, GiftTree provides the elegant solution.
Portland Saturday Market Facts & History
Quick Portland Shopping Fact:
- Founded in 1974, Portland Saturday Market is celebrating its 25th season in 1998.
- Portland Saturday Market is the largest open-air crafts market in the United States.
- The Market's hours are from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and 11:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- Portland Saturday Market is open rain or shine. It has only closed twice in its history, once for a blizzard and once for a volcanic eruption.
- Everything at the Market is handcrafted by the vendors and is being sold by the person who made it. The Market offers a unique opportunity for customers to meet the artists and often to see pieces being made right in the booths.
- The vendors who sell at the Market are individual small business owners from all over Oregon and Washington who participate in Market operations as members of the non-profit corporation. Over half of the craftspeople derive a majority of their income from sales at the Market.
- The Market has 274 regular spaces for crafts, merchandise, and food booths each weekend. With 500 artists participating in the Market each season, there is a different mix of products here every weekend. It's never the same Market twice. Each year approximately 30 percent of vendors are new vendors. On average, over a dozen new craftspeople join the Market each month during the season. The Market draws an estimated 750,000 visitors annually, including both area residents and tourists from around the world.
- Started with grant assistance from the Metropolitan Arts commission, Portland Saturday Market has earned a national reputation for service to its artist members.
- Gross revenues generated through the Market total approximately $10 million annually.
- Portland Saturday Market, Inc. is a non-profit corporation, owned by the vendors and governed by an elected board of directors.
- Portland Saturday Markets daily operations are managed by a staff of eight full-time employees and seven part-time employees.
- Portland Saturday Market is a juried market. Every item of craft or food is submitted for review to a panel of members who assure that it meets the Market's standards of quality and hand craftsmanship.
Every Saturday and Sunday for most of the year, over 300 artists and craftspeople gather here to display their wares. Crowds of local residents and tourists alike come to this market every weekend, turning the Skidmore district into a colorful and vibrant place. This is an excellent place to do some serious people watching, as magicians, jugglers and musicians ply the crowds. This is the best place in Portland for shopping for unique and interesting gifts - everything from new baby items to wedding gifts, hand-crafted keepsake jewelry boxes and to sample unusual gourmet foods and fresh produce.
The Plant Peddler
, (619) 758-9854, 3022 E Burnside St Portland, OR 97214-1950
, (503) 222-9939, 805 NW 23rd Ave Portland, OR 97210
, (503) 253-8322, 10625 NE Halsey St Portland, OR 97220-3960